Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesdays...Ah...

After re-reading last night's post, I decided to try again earlier in the evening.  My post last night rambled.  And where did that title come from?  I was trying to finish it before midnight and just stuck a title on it. Geez!

I certainly am glad it is Wednesday.  Mid-week.  Hump Day.  Whatever you call it, for me, it is the second most anticipated day of the week next to, of course, Friday.  Wednesdays mean trash day is tomorrow, and I can once again purge the unwanted from my home.  Wednesdays mean only one more day, and I can wear jeans to work again.  Wednesdays mean no after school activities (hardly ever).  They mean church activities for my kids.  Every other Wednesday means I need to pick up my house because it is going to be cleaned the next day.  For some reason, Wednesdays seem to help loosen the belt that was wrapped around me on Monday.  They are a glimmer of hope.  They are a sign that, yes, we've made it, and Friday is just around the corner.


3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Wednesdays! We love this day, especially when we can catch our breath!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never looked at Wednesday in such a positive light. I like it being trash night and church night and 2 days to Friday, but I would never have described Wednesday as being "a glimmer of hope." I love your line "loosen the belt that has been wrapped around me since Monday."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have started to really dislike Wednesday because of the schedule changes we have but if I look at it from your perspective it looks a little better. I especially like the one more day until I can wear jeans. :D

    ReplyDelete